Interact is a service club for youth who want to connect with others in their community or school. Interact club members have fun while carrying out service projects and learning about the community. Along the way, Interactors develop their leadership skills and initiative while meeting new friends.
The club organises two service projects in a year – one that benefits their community (organise a blood donation camp) and one that encourages selfless service (Newspaper Drive). Apart from these there are various other activities organized throughout the year , in an effort to reach the goals of the club.
While the club receives guidance from the Rotary Club, it governs and supports itself.
The goals of Interact are:
- To recognise and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity.
- To encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others.
- To create an awareness of the importance of home and family.
- To build respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement and group achievement.
- To develop life skills including self development, time management and personal finances.
- To recognise the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
- To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national and world affairs.
- To open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill towards all people.
Co – Ordinators : Ms. Shubhra Pal, Ms. Eileen Pais